Facilities for studies in supercritical conditions
- A 500 ml SAS precipitator (Thar Technology) that operates up to 100°C and 38 MPa.
- Various equipment for SFEE and impregnation
- Vessels: 10, 30, 50 with shaking, 100 with shaking, 500 ml. Pressure: up to 35 MPa. Temperature: ambient-250ºC. CO2 flow rate: 1- 100 g/min
- High pressure spectroscopic cell (1 mL) for IR/UV up to 80 ºC and 30 MPa.
- Variable-volume high-pressure cell (15 mL) to measure phase diagrams at high pressure.
Infrastructure for the physicochemical characterization
- Gas adsorption characterization, FTIR and TGA/DTA
- Microtrac and Zetatrac apparatus for particle size measurements (Zeta potential, DLS and laser diffraction).
- UV/Vis spectrophotometer (2)
- Shimadzu GC-2010 Plus Gas Chromatograph.
- Ultraturrax, probe sonicator and water bath sonicator for the production of double emulsions
- Rotary evaporator for solvent removal
- X-ray diffraction, electron microscopy (SEM and TEM), thermal analysis, ICP, elemental analysis in Research Aid Centers (CAIs)
- Conventional stirred container with heating plate (Fisher) for off line dissolution tests.
- Tubular furnace coupled to different gases for heat treatment (reduction) of materials in a controlled atmosphere.
Equipment for performing in vitro characterization studies
- In vitro Franz cells for permeability studies
- In vitro dissolution apparatus according to EU Pharmacopeia
- High Performance Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC) for sample analysis and quantification.
- Stability chambers with controlled temperature and relative humidity.
Equipment for microbial analysis:
- Incubators for growth, autoclave for sterilization of material, laminar flow chamber for sterile handling of samples, incubation oven, centrifuge for culture recovery.