During official PhD studies, two types of temporary leave may occur:
Temporary leave for special reasons:
- It can only be applied for after the second year of permanence in the programme, provided that the first evaluation was positive.
- Its duration shall be one academic year, starting from 15 October.
- Application period is the same as the enrolment period of each academic year, and, exceptionally, before 30 November.
- The application must be documented and must be addressed to the Academic Committee responsible for the programme.
Temporary leave due to unexpected causes:
- Those caused by illness, maternity or paternity or other causes as set up in the regulations.
- The duration shall correspond to the duration deriving from each cause.
- The request must be documented and must be addressed to the Academic Committee responsible for the programme.
In both cases, the Academic Committee of the Programme must issue a reasoned report.
Evaluation of the Activities Document and Research Plan
PhD students who are on temporary leave due to unexpected causes and maintain active enrolment may continue to complete their document of activities and research plan, through RAPI. Such document shall be evaluated by the Academic Committee, which shall assess the circumstances of the PhD student, valuing only the period in which he/she remained active.
PhD students without an active enrolment in the corresponding course will not have access to RAPI, nor will they be evaluated.