5 jun 2020 - 16:29 CET
- Starting date:01.09.2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
- Duration of contract: 1 year, renewable contract for 2 x 2 years, with a maximum duration of 5 years.
- Employment rate: 100%
- Annual salary:CHF 65’000 (first year)
- Workplace:University of Lausanne, Géopolis
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences with a quantitative component (Sociology, Political Science, Demography, Economics, Psychology or similar degree)
- Interest in Topics of Social Inequality, Social Policy and the Life Course
- Practical experience with quantitative social science data analysis methods
- Familiarity with statistical software (e.g. Stata, R, SPSS)
- Working languages: English and French. The research will be conducted in English. Further fluency in French can be acquired during the 1styear of employment by participating in the free courses at the School of French as a Foreign language
What we offer / expect
- The position includes research for a doctoral thesis as well as joint research projects and participation in the activities of the department (70% of working time) and teaching assistance on courses in the area of social policy and social inequality as an assistant in the classroom while the course is led by a senior academic (30%)
- We offer a nice working place in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment, linked to the National Centre of Competence in Research LIVES (https://www.lives-nccr.ch/)and the Swiss Centre of Expertise in the Social Sciences (FORS) (http://forscenter.ch/).
- Continued support and exchange during the candidate’s writing of his or her PhD thesis in order to achieve a quality thesis during the five years of employment.
- The LIVES research centre provides a structured environment for research training with workshops, seminars and informal exchange opportunities.
- The opportunity to participate in international research training and international congresses
Your Application should include:
- Motivation letter
- CV, listing the names of two referees which we will contact independently (please do not include reference letters)
- Grades obtained in Bachelor and Master’s program
- A short outline of the topic of interest for a doctoral research project (1 page maximum)
- An empirical research text as example (chapter of MA dissertation, seminar paper etc.)
Please apply here: