25 abr 2019 - 11:51 CET
At the University of Oviedo (Spain), there is an open ESR position for a postgraduate student with a background and/or interest in European industrial relations.
In the context of the research project SODITREC (Social Dialogue in the Transforming Economy), the Department of Sociology at the University of Oviedo invites applications for a ESR position in the research group led by Professor Holm-Detlev Köhler. The SODITREC project is funded by the European Commission (EC-VS-2019-0096).
The SODITREC Consortium brings together five public research institutions (UNIOVI-Spain; RUB-Germany; SNSPA-Romania; USFD-UK; SGH-Poland) and two associate partners (ETUI-Belgium; IGM-Germany). The SODITREC project will achieve impact by providing a comprehensive understanding of company-level social dialogue in the EU. It will contribute to knowledge relating to the strengthening of social dialogue in highly relevant economic transformations at EU company level. It will also make recommendations relating to industrial relations practices which are at the core of the EU corporate decision-making model.
- Initiation and development of a PhD project in the framework of the overall SODITREC project, including two secondments at the German Metalworkers Union IG Metall and the Ruhr University Bochum. Supervisors: Prof. Holm-Detlev Köhler and Dr. Sergio González Begega.
- Participation in the doctoral program of the Department of Sociology at the University of Oviedo, which offers advanced methodological and substantive training as well as professional development.
- MA in the area of social sciences, preferable in sociology, political science, industrial relations, social history or a related discipline.
- Candidates may not be in possession of a PhD.
- Motivation to pursue academic career and interest in theory-driven empirical research.
- Excellent knowledge of English and at least basic knowledge of Spanish.
- Interest in the field of industrial relations and employment studies.
The starting date for this position is July 1, 2019. Funding is available for 24 months, with a gross annual salary starting from approximately 28,000 Euro (following UNIOVI regulations for such positions). The contract is fixed-term, full time.
The PhD candidate will be integrated in the SODITREC research team. The job post will be based in UNIOVI-Spain.
The SODITREC project is coordinated by Prof. Holm-Detlev Köhler (University of Oviedo).
Applicants should send their full application (in English) – including cover letter, CV, copies of relevant certificates and the contact details of two academic references – to Prof. Holm-Detlev Köhler (email@example.com) no later than May 10, 2019.
For further inquiry, please send an email to Prof. Holm-Detlev Köhler.