Well-being and health promotion
This line of research includes various studies on the living conditions and health of people experiencing different situations of adversity (e.g. dementia, the terminally ill, heroin addiction, cancer, terrorism...). The ultimate aim is to contribute to the improvement of these living conditions, and to provide guidance for the provision of services and programmes aimed at achieving well-being and satisfaction in these people.
- Analysis of the needs, satisfaction and quality of life of people with dementia in residential environments.
- Resilience in carers of dependent older people.
- Improvement of the quality of care and end-of-life care.
- Assessment and promotion of quality of life and well-being in cancer patients.
- Quality of life and determinants in opiate dependent people in methadone maintenance programmes.
- Assessment and development of well-being in victims of terrorist attacks.