News and Events
- Publication: "Seguridad jurídica y gestión del riesgo fiscal: tax rulings, APA, procedimientos amistosos, arbitraje y otras técnicas en la era post-BEPS", by Fernando Serrano
- Publication: "Analysing the economic impact of the new renewable electricity support scheme in solar PV plants in Spain", by Pere Mir-Artigues, Emilio Cerdá and Pablo del Río
- Publication: "Fear connectedness among asset classes", by Julián Andrada-Félix, Adrián Fernández-Pérez and Simón Sosvilla-Rivero
- ICEI Conference: European Forum-ICEI, March 19th
- Conference: Latino American Complutense School
- News: ICEI suscribes the European Parliament Liaison Office"s manifesto: "Where are they?"
- ICEI Conference: Women Leaders and potential Complutense Leader"s breakfast, with Marta Martínez
- ICEI Conference: ICEI Seminar, March 1st
- Publication: "A quarterly fiscal database fit for macroeconomic analysis" by Francisco de Castro, Francisco Martí, Antonio Montesinos, javier J. Pérez y Antonio Jesús Sánchez
- ICEI Conference: European Forum-ICEI, February 15th
- Conference: Masterclass - "La lista de paraísos fiscales de la UE: realidad o compromiso", by Fernando Serrano
- Publication: "Valoración económica de los efectos del cambio climático en España en el sector de recursos hídricos", coordinated by Emilio Cerdá
- Publication: "Resin-tapped pine forests in Spain: Ecological diversity and economic valuation", by Mario Soliño
- Chapter on Book: "The Spanish Labor Market. On the path of flexibility and wage devaluation", by Mª Eugenia Ruiz-Gálvez and Lucía Vicent Valverde
- Publication: "Tiempos de precariedad. Una mirada multidimensional a la cuestión precaria" by Lucía Vicent
- Conference: ICEI, at the 25th edition of the Encuentros de Economía Pública
- Publication: Several ICEI researchers in "Informe de la Ciencia y la tecnología en España" by Fundación Alternativas
- Conference: ICEI, a major player at the presentation of "Informe de la Ciencia y la tecnología en España", by Fundación Alternativas
- Article: "¿Qué modelo de industria queremos para España?" by José Molero
- News: The University for Peace embraces José Antonio Sanahuja (researcher at ICEI) as a visiting professor
- Publication: Memoria histórica militar en Colombia, by Alberto Castañeda
- Conference: ICEI, at the Jornada sobre la Ciencia y la Tecnología en España
- ICEI publication - WP01/18: La Estrategia Global y de Seguridad de la Unión Europea: narrativas securitarias, legitimidad e identidad de un actor en crisis, by José Antonio Sanahuja
- Publication: Métodos de Valuación de Externalidades Ambientales, by Raúl G. Sanchís and Luis Sánchez-Torrente
- ICEI Conference: Next European Forum ICEI, by Emilio Cerdá
- ICEI Conference: Next ICEI Seminar, by Brian K. Richter (University of Texas at Austin)
- Seminar at ICEI"s: All the Way to the Top: Innovation, Growth, and the Role of the State, by Reda Cherif and Fuad Hasanov (IMF).
- Publication: The missing link: The influence of instruments and design features on the interactions between climate and renewable electricity, by Pablo del Río and emilio Cerdá
- Publication: Multifunctional natural forest silviculture economics revised: Challenges in meeting landowners" and society"s wants: a review, by Emilio Cerdá, David Martín-Barroso and Mario Soliño
- Conference: 43th European International Business Academy (EIBA) 2017
- Conference: ICEI, at the presentation of Cepsa Energy Outlook 2030
- Conference: Workshop on new trends on sustainability - RCC at Harvard
- ICEI"s Annual report 2017 (Spanish)
- Conference: ICEI, at CMStatistics 2017
- Publication: "Evolutionary Dynamics of Price Dispersion with Market-Dependent Costs"
- Conference: ICEI, at the Feria Internacional del libro de Guadalajara, Mexico
- Conference: ICEI participates on the thirds session of "Grupo de Análisis Carolina"
- Conference: "Innovación y Conocimiento para el Desarrollo"
- Publicación: "How costly are public sector inefficiencies? A theoretical framework for rationalising fiscal consolidations" de A. Jesús Sánchez y Jorge Onrubia
- Publication: "La cooperación tecnológica de las empresas multinacionales con agentes locales en España: enseñanzas para los países"
- Annual meeting of ICEI"s Board of counsel
- Book: "Procesos de diálogo para la formulación de políticas de CTI"
- ICEI Conference: "Innovación en servicios y cambio estructural: una aproximación taxonómica"
- Conference: Escuela Complutense Latinoamericana
- Conference: 21st Conference of the Forum for Macroeconomics and Macroeconomic Policies
- Conference: Una paz inclusiva para Colombia
- Conference: Brexit and University
- Chapter on Book: "Una relación social" by José Molero
- Publication: "Análisis de los recursos destinados a I+D+i (Política de gasto 46) contenidos en los Presupuestos Generales del Estado Aprobados para el año 2017" by José Molero and José de Nó
- Conference: Innovation and University Days
- Interview to José Molero
- Conference: ICEI participates on the Land economy Departamental Seminar Series 2017-18
- Conference; ICEI, at the Security and Development Days
- ICEI Conference: SICEI - "El Ártico: Un espacio geopolítico de interés creciente para la Unión Europea"
- ICEI Conference: II Desayuno de mujeres líderes y potenciales líderes complutense, with María Blasco
- Publication: "Estudios socio-antropológicos con niños y niñas trabajadores. Una apuesta reflexiva sobre dos experiencias en América Latina: México y Argentina" por Mª Eugenia Rausky y Begoña Leyra
- Publication: "From milennium to sustainability: challenges and perspectives from the 2030 Agenda towards the sutainable development" by José Antonio Sanahuja and Sergio Tazanos
- Publication: "Comunidades virtuales creadas en torno a la donación reproductiva: ¿simulacros del contacto humano?" by Mª Isabel Jociles and Begoña Leyra
Found on Cuadernos de Antropología Social, this paper tries to understand which is the role of the woman on the virtual communities created over the donation for reproductive purposes. They also discuss some hypothesis on the Spanish context about the consumers of the assisted reproduction.
- ICEI Conference: 2nd European Forum
On Monday, October 23, the second session of the ICEI"s European Forum was celebrated, after the initial conference by professor Sosvilla. Miguel Sebastián presented "18 años del euro en España: un balance macroeconómico". After showing the results, an open discussion started, where different experts gave their opinion during that timelapse.
- Conference: ICEI, at ALTEC Conference
ALTEC 2017, held at Ciudad de México from 16th to 18th of October, counted with the participation of ICEI"s director, Isabel Álvarez, on the specialists" track on dialogues por Sciences, Technologies and Innovation policies in Latin America.
Complutense University of Madrid invites to send the abstracts from the papers to be presented in the conference "The European Union and security: defence of common interests and spaces". It means the last activity from Jean Monnet"s project. Abstracts can be sent to email@example.com
ICEI"s Appointed Researcher José Antonio Sanahuja presented "Legitimidad securitaria para un actor en crisis: la nueva Estrategia Global y de Seguridad de la Unión Europea" during the conference organised by the Catalan International Institute for Research for Peace (in Spanish, ICIP), held in Barcelona, last October 9-10.
- Conference: ICEI participates in CYTED
Held last October, 9, ICEI participated in the meeting of "Science and Technology Area Coordinators for Development" (in Spanish, CYTED), along with different institutions representing the Portugese Ministry of Science and Technology. Isabel Álvarez made a report about the dialogue web between the communities in matters of Science, Technology and Innovation policies.
- Publication: Specificity and pervasiveness of dialogues in science, technology and innovation policies in Spain
Published by Science and Public Policy, Oxford Academy, the paper was writen by ICEI"s associated researchers Isabel Álvarez, Myrna Juan and Celia Torrecillas. They explore the concepts specificity and pervasiveness as analytical atributes highlighted by policies in science, technology and innovation.
- Conference: Conferencia Internacional RIBEI
Next week, from September 25th to 27th, VII Conferencia Internacional RIBEI: América Latina y Europa will be held in Nuevos Aires. Through every session the role of Latin America in the current globalised world will be discused. The event will count with the participation of ICEI"s associated researchers Isabel Álvarez and José Antonio Sanahuja.
Alejandro Jacobo, ICEI"s visiting researcher, has published along with Ileana R Jalile this paper about the impact of sovereign debt in GDP, throughout 16 Latin American Economies. The results show a positive effect on the short run, which turns to 0 when debt gets to a certain level.
- Publication: Multi-Factor Effective Corporate Taxation firms, mark-ups and Tax incidence: Evidence from OECD Countries
The paper, published by Fiscal Studies journal, and worked by ICEI researcher A. Jesús Sánchez with Salvador Barrios and Gaëtan Nicodème, tackles the effects of the Effective Marginal Tax Rates (EMTRs). The study compiles data from 17 OECD countries, and 11 manufacturing sectors, taking into account the grade of sustitution, and the role of company mark-ups.
- Publication: The impacto of Climate Change on the Generation of Hydroelectric Power - A case Study in Southern Spain
Published by MDPI, authors Kepa Solaun and Emilio Cerdá (ICEI) write about the negative efects made by climate change on the energetic sector of several countries, becoming a threat in the long run. The study focuses on three hydroelectrical plants on Southern Spain, and it is predicted that productivity will suffer a drop of between 10 and 49%.
Prof. José Antonio Sanahuja, ICEI"s associated researcher, has intervened in the round table Democracia, posverdad y populismo: un reto para la Unión Europea, held by Summer Green University and organised by Fundación Equo and Green European Foundation (GEF). More than 250 people attended the ninth edition of the event, with democracy and crisis in the EU as a background. Other workshops and conferences were also held.
- Conference: Quo Vadis Europa? Conducted by Josep Borrell
Seminar Quo Vadis Europa? V 60 años después de Roma, el Futuro del sueño europeo was held by Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo (UIMP), in Santander, Spain. From August 28th to September 1st, a space destined to debate gender equality ideas in EU was included. Marta Pajarín, associated researcher associated to the ICEI"s Gender area, made a presentation where gender equality as one of the EU"s foundation values were emphasised.
- Publication: Heterogeneity in the debt-growth nexus: Evidence from EMU countries, by Simón Sosvilla and Marta Gómez-Puig
This paper, published by International Review of Economics and Finance (vol. 51, 2017), looks for evidence whether changes in debt makes negative effects in European Monetary Union countries. Period 1961-2016 has been analyzed, and different outputs for central and periferical countries have been taken. The article was presented by Sosvilla in ICEI"s European Forum
- Book: Seguridad Multidimensional y cooperación regional, nuevos espacios para Iberoamérica, by Alberto Castillo y David González
As one of the chapters from Escenarios de inseguridad en América Latina y los retos actuales de Colombia, the authours analyze cooperation suggestions in Latin America by its regionalization, which is currently one of the main points in multidimensional security to face the new threats, empowering the Iberoamerica"s conception of a normative power.
- ICEI conference: Inauguration of European Forum-ICEI
Last September, 11th, was held in ICEI"s offices the first session of the European Forum-ICEI. This seminar was launched as an idea last May 9th (Europe Day) as a space where succesful debates would be held, taking in mind also the educational spirit. Prof. Simón Sosvilla opened the session with the presentation Deuda y crecimiento en la zona euro, followed by an open debate between the attendees.
- Conference: Researcher Javier Ramos, reward to best presented paper in EGOSE.
Javier Ramos, associated researcher in ICEI"s Governance, Public Policies and Democracy area, has received the prize to the best paper in the Electronic Governance and Open Society: Challenges in Eurasia (EGOSE), held in St. Petersbourg. The paper, ICTs and democratic deficit in the EU: how VAA can help improve the democratization of Eu intitutions and practices, is based in the joint work by Javier Ramos, Javier Padilla and Enrique Chueca.
- Publication: A comparative analysis of the innovation performance between foreign subsidiaries and owned domestic firms in Colombian manufacturing sector, by Nadia Albis and Isabel Álvarez
From Companies and International Markets area, researchers Nadia Albis and Isabel Álvarez have published in journal Globalización, Competitividad y Gobernabilidad (GCG) a paper where innovative factors of foreign subidiares in Colombia are analyzed, facing national industries, in the manufacturing sector.
- Book: Género y desarrollo: cuestiones clave desde una perspectiva feminista, coordinated by Marta Carballo de la Riva
- PhD. Thesis: Los modelos de organización productiva y sus efectos en las condiciones laborales, by Mª Eugenia Ruiz
Researcher Mª Eugenia Ruiz Gálvez, associated to Structure and European Dynamics area, has presented Los modelos de organización productiva y sus efectos en las condiciones labroales. El caso de Volkswagen Navarra y su entorno productivo, 2000 -2015
- Conference: Mathematical Modelling in Engineering & Human Behaviour 2017
The Multidisciplinar Mathematics Universitary Institute, placed in Innovation"s City of Valencia, has organised this conference from July"s 17th to 19th. The paper Optimal pricin from shopping time distributions, written by Francisco Álvarez, José-Manuel rey and Raúl G.Sanchís has been presented.
- Conference: 19th Annual Conference of the Association for Heterodox Economics
Researcher Ignacio Álvarez, from Structure and European Dynamics area, has represented ICEI in University of Manchester"s conference past July 12th. He presented The role of collective bargaining in promoting inclusive growth, where different action lines are presented to reduce inequalities in salaries between countries.
- Conference: ICEI takes part on "4º Congreso Latinoamericano y Caribeño de Ciencias Sociales"
ICEI, thanks to its International Relations, Global Governance and Research Cooperation area, has been part in the "IV congreso FLACSO" held in Salamanca from June 17th to 19th.
- ICEI Publication WP08/17;: "Nonfinancial debt and economic growth in euro-area countries" de Marta Gómez-Puig y Simón Sosvilla-Rivero
- Event: "I Meetings of the Society of Economics of the Household (SEHO)"
Raúl G. Sanchís has been part of the I Meetings of the Society of the Economics of the Household, held in San Diego, Californa, last June 25th and 26th. The paper Lifestyle Dynamics Index: time use methodology and worldwide results and has been acomplished as SEHO Board Member.
- Publication: A "Rashomon" story: Latin American views and discourses of global governance and multilateralism, by José Antonio Sanahuja
- Publication: On the time-varying nature of the debt-growth nexus: evidence from the euro area, by Marta Gómez-Puig and Simón Sosvilla-Rivero
- Publication: El consenso europeo sobre desarrollo: Entre la Agenda 2030 y los imperativos de la Estrategia Global y de Seguridad, by José Antonio Sanahuja
- Publication: Wheels within wheels within wheels within wheels: the importance of capital inflows in the origin of the Spanish financial crisis, by Rafael Fernández and Clara García
- Publication: Posglobalización y ascenso de la extrema derecha: crisis de hegemonía y riesgos sistémicos by José Antonio Sanahuja
- ICEI Publication OP02/17: Franciso J. Braña Pino y José Molero Zayas. The economic role of the State on the Spanish democratization and "development" process. A case of success?
- ICEI Publication WP07/17: Imran Hussain Shah and Simón Sosvilla-Rivero. Seeking price and macroeconomic stabilisation in the eruo area: The role of house prices and stock prices
- ICEI Event: Rebeca Grynspan, Ibero American General Secretary, has opened the "Desayunos de mujeres líderes y potenciales líderes Complutense" organized by ICEI and UCM"s Social Council.
- Expressions of Interest. Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships. Period Open
- UCM Titles: Inscription period open
- ICEI"s Master: "Género y Desarrollo"
- ICEI"s Master: "La Unión Europea: Dimensión Institucional y Ordenamiento Jurídico"
- Complutense"s Summer School: Relaciones Internacionales, Diplomacia y Medios de Comunicación
By Prof. José Antonio Sanahuja
- Event: "Desayunos de mujeres líderes en la Universidad Complutense" by ICEI and UCM"s Social Counsil
- ICEI publication: Systemic banks, capital composition and CoCo bonds issuance: The effects on bank risk, by Víctor Echevarría-Icazaa and Simón Sosvilla-Rivero
- News: ICEI, one of two institutional representants in the new REEDES executive board for the timeline 2017-2020.
This participation will be made by Francisco J.Verdes-Montenegro, from International Relations, Global Governance and Development Cooperation area.
- Book launch presentation: Ciencia, Tecnología, Innovación y Desarrollo. El pensamiento latinoamericano, Fondo de Cultura Económica
Intervention made by Javier Jasso, from National Autonomous Mexico University. June 5th, 11:00. ICEI"s Assembly Hall.
- SICEI: Violencia y vulnerabilidad de las poblaciones migrantes en México. La respuesta de la sociedad civil organizada
Research ICEI"s seminar. May 18th, by Javier Urbano (Ibero American University)
- Publication: Monograph América Latina: De la bonanza a la crisis de la globalización, journal Revista Pensamiento Propio-CRIES.
Coordinated by Prof. José Antonio Sanahuja, num 44.
- Latinoamerican Complutense School: La integración regional y el regionalismo en Europa y América Latina. ¿Crisis o cambio de ciclo?
- Publication: Una nueva ambición para superar la crisis existencial del proyecto europeo, by Josep Borrel
Published in colective book Europa: el futuro de un sueño, edited by European Parliament"s Madrid delegation and reciently presented in the capital
- Course: Brexit, by ICEI"s European Forum
At 18:00 in UCM"s Faculty of Economic Sciences and Business
- Book launch presentation: Global Capitalism in Disarray. Inequality, debt and austerity. Talk with author Andrés Solimano
Book launch presentation of the book published by Oxford University Press (2016) and talk with its author. Introducing and conducting Josep Borrell. January 26th at 11, ICEI"s Assembly Hall