Contact us: email@example.com
Information leaflet: Here
The program poster: Here
ISCED 1: Foreign Languages
ISCED 2: Humanities
We are pleased to announce that our PhD student Marta Asunción Alonso Moreno defended her doctoral dissertation Negritud, sororidad y memoria: poéticas y políticas de la diferencia en la narrativa de Maryse Condé, directed by Mª Dolores Picazo González, on January 25th in the conference hall (Salón de Actos, building A) of the Philology Faculty. The jury was composed by Mª Lourdes Carriedo López (president), Margarita Alfaro Amieiro, Ana Isabel Labra Cenitagoya, Antonia Pagán López (vocals) and Anne-Marie Reboul Díaz (secretary).
Welcome to the website of the Doctorate in French Studies, DEF-UCM.
The program brings together two major components: theoretical and applied French Linguistics and French and Francophone Literatures, both in their relationship with other related areas. These two research lines can cover, in all its chronological and geographical extension, from its beginnings to the 21st century, in the Hexagon and outside it, all the phenomena related to the French language and culture.
- Extraordinary PhD Award 2020-2021.
- Admission 2022-2023 - until 20th september 2022.
- Pre-doctoral mobility grants and grants for congress 2022.
- IX Seminario de Formación Doctoral del Doct. en Estudios Franceses. 7-8 de febrero de 2022 (Salón de Grados Edificio A)
- FPU 2021 pre-doctoral grants for the training of university teachers. From November 22 to December 17, 2021.
- SELGYC Young Researchers Congress: February 10-11, 2022. Information and CFP here.
- AFUE grants to participate in the XIIIth International Colloquium of French Linguistics. Application form for AFUE members, for doctoral students and for et pour les young doctors.
- Grants AFUE 2021 for 3 PhD candidates in French Studies. Download the candidates form here.
- Upcoming and past PhD vivas