GENERAL LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
An adequate knowledge of the Spanish Language is required, given that classes at UCM are mainly taught in Spanish.
- B1 Level is required (According to the European Common Framework of Languages)
- B2 SIELE, DELE Certificates are only requested for: Geography and History (in Master studies), Communication Sciences, Journalism Faculty, Commerce and Tourism and Fine Arts.
- For Philology studies please check specific requirements
- However C1 in Spanish is highly recommended for Master and Phd programs, because we are not able to guarantee any courses or research in other languages
UCM offers a FREE Spanish Language Course for levels under C1 to students who apply for it.
- The student must apply for the Spanish Language Course by checking the corresponding box in the Application Form.
- Students who have applied for the course, must take a compulsory level test that will be held at UCM aproximately the first week of September (for 1st semester/Full year students) and around the first week February for 2nd semester students. The exact date and place will be provided well in advance to each student by e-mail. Please, bear this course in mind for accommodation arrangements.
- The intensive language course will be developed along the month of September (for first semester or full year students) and February (for second semester students). This course is previous to the beginning of the Year/Semester. As mentioned above, this free course will be offered for levels under B-2 (B-2 included).
Students whose level is C-1 or C-2 do not have the option to attend the FREE Spanish courses. However, other courses at a special price for Erasmus students are available.
- General requirements
- Degrees in Spanish
- Degrees in English
- Degrees in Modern Languages
- Degrees in Classical Philology
- Degrees in Semitic Philology and Degrees in Linguistics
- Other degrees
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS STUDIES
All language levels will be in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), it is recommended to present an official certificate. The required levels are as follows:
- B1 level of Spanish and B2 level of English is required for students studying in English.
- B2 level of Spanish is required for students studying in Spanish.
ERASMUS + INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Language requirements according to those established within the Interinstitutional Agreement between UCM and the student's home university. Information must be obtained through the Erasmus+ local Coordinator.