Industrial and intellectual property
Patents and Utility Models
The OTRI processes and provides technical assistance for the protection of UCM staff research results.
- Submit to the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office (OEPM) applications for national patents and utility models.
- Follow-up application dossiers while protection is in effect.
- Submit to the OEPM, applications for international extension of patents through the PCT (Patent Cooperation Treaty).
- Study the patentability of UCM inventions: novelty, level of inventiveness, industrial application, suitability of the description...
- Recommendations and support when drafting patent reports and claims.
- Prepare technical responses to OEPM official actions, including a thorough examination of the application
Registration of trademarks and industrial designs
The OTRI can also manage other modes of industrial property:
Trademarks and Brand Names
- They protect graphic and/or word representations that help distinguish the products or services of a company from those of others in the market and to identify companies in trade activities.
- They protect the external appearance of products.