International Bilateral Agreements (Non Erasmus)
There are two procedures to sign an agreement between UCM and other universities or higher education institutions. The initiative can be taken by the Complutense University or a Foreing Institution
FOREIGN INSTITUTION INITIATIVE
COORDINATION AND PROCESSING IN THE UCM:
The Vice-Rector for International Affairs and Cooperation, through the International Relations Office (Agreement and Scholarships department).
91 394 69 21 firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO CAN PROPOSE AN AGREEMENT:
Proposals can be presented by:
- Public or private Universities or research Centers
- Teachers related to any institution mentioned above. In this case the request must be supported by the head of the institution, who should provide a draft of the final text that needs be signed, should the agreement be finally established.
The initiative must have the institutional support of an academic authority (Rector or Vice-rector) from the foreign university requesting the agreement.
The institution or individual will submit the proposal to the International Relations Office (can be sent through email).
The agreement proposal should include:
- Reasons why the Institution is interested in the agreement.
- Overview of the foreign university describing the following information: attached list.
- Information about previous contacts with the foreign universities, briefly describing the undertaken activities.
- Specific information stating the nature of the collaboration: faculty exchange mobility, student exchange mobility, research, research areas of common interest, etc. Regarding the funding of activities; the financial aspects of the agreement should also be stated
- Signed approval of the Dean of the Faculty / University rector that proposes the agreement.
Names and contact details of the person in charge of international agreements at the foreign university (International Office or similar). Complete the enclosed form.
Contact person(s) and contact details of the Department responsible for the procedure of establishing new student exchange programmes at the partner institution.
Should the partner institution need the agreement to be written in a language other than Spanish, there shall be four copies of the agreement (two in each language).
The International Relations Office will be responsible for submitting the document to the appropriate authority abroad, as well as any appendix to the agreement and future renewals.
Names and contact details of the person in charge of dealing with international agreements at the foreign university (International Office or similar). Complete the enclosed form.
This proposal will then be studied by the Vice-Rector for International Affairs and Cooperation and the Permanent Commissions of Vice-Deans for International Affairs. The proposal will finally be submitted to the UCM Governing Council, and if approved, the agreement will be signed.
Should the agreement need be signed in another language, in addition to Spanish, four copies will be required, two in each language.
The International Relations Office will be responsible of sending the text to the corresponding authority abroad and of its renewal or preparation of any additional documents.