Critical Theory Webinars
How to identify them through the heroes/heroines in films
- Objectives and Steps:
- Become familiar with Jung's and Campbell's models
- Identify common competences/skills in the actions of heroes/heroines in films in relation to the challenges they face.
- Relate competences/skills to problem-solving activities providing concrete examples from scenes in the film to illustrate each competence.
- Describe how thanks to each compentence the heroe/heroine manages to solve the problem.
- Create an infographic to map competences on a body drawing : head for intellectual competences / heart for emotional & relational competences / hands or feets for technical competences.
- Produce a small video made up of ppt and audios to explain the process of your research.
Structuralism & Poststructuralism
Semiotics & Cognitive Semiotics
Japanese in Hawaii-PostColonialComic by Patsy Iwasaky-
Martín Alegre, Sara. (2020) Representing the Nation in Early 21st Century Documentary Films. Univ, Autonoma de Barcelona
An analysis of 90 high quality documentary films (2000-2020) considering how the USA is represented in them. Cultural Studies.
Final Girls, Feminism and Popular Culture. BOOK This volume examines contemporary reformulations of the ‘Final Girl’ in film, TV, literature and comic, expanding the discussion of the trope beyond the slasher subgenre.
Feminism In Asia