Our programme’s main goal is to form academic and consultancy researchers for public and private institutions. The Master in Nationalism Studies aims to support investigations concerning a variety of substantive cases of nationalism in global perspective, helping political scientists, sociologists, journalists, historians and other professionals to think critically about the phenomenon.
Specifically our programme aims to:
- give a sense of the inter-disciplinary nature of nationalism studies.
- provide a thorough grounding in the central concepts and major theories of nationalism and nation-building.
- enable students to carry out substantial independent research and write a dissertation on a topic of their interest.
- convey the need to understand national identities in the context of long-term historical change.
- identify key issues and problems in comparative and case study approaches to the study of national identities.