Jesús Ángel Jaramillo Aguado
Catedrático de Universidad (Full Professor)
Department of Applied Mathematics and Mathematical Analysis
School of Mathematical Sciences
Complutense University of Madrid
910626 Análisis functional no-lineal en espacios de Banach
I have developed my academic career at Universidad Complutense de Madrid, where I am currently Professor of Mathematical Analysis. I have carried out several long stays in different universities, especially in Kent State University (Kent, Ohio) which have visited as a doctoral student in 1985, and later on as an invited researcher in 1995, 2009, 2011 and 2015. I have also been Visiting Professor at Université de Bordeaux (Francia).
I belong to a research group devoted to Nonlinear Geometric and Functional Analysis. This group has been active since 1984. Along this time, our team has included more than 20 researchers from Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Universidad de Sevilla and Universidad de Extremadura, in Spain, as well as researchers from Argentina, France, Italy, Mexico and USA.
Concerning my administrative duties, I have served as Coordinator of the Master degree in Advanced Mathematics (UCM) during the period 2005-2010, and also as Coordinator of the Doctoral degree in Mathematics (UCM) during the period 2005-2013. I have served as Coordinator Assistant in Mathematics for Agencia Nacional de Evaluación y Prospectiva (ANEP) in Spain, during the period 2008-2011. On the other hand, I have also been a member of different pannels for the evaluation of research projects in Spain, Chile and Czech Republic.
I have delivered talks, seminars and courses in the following universities: Kent State University (1985, 1991, 1995, 2009, 2011, 2015 y 2016) Universidad de Cantabria (1992), Trinity College (Dublin, 1993), Abo Akademi (Finlandia, 1994), Universidad Autónoma de Puebla (México, 1995), Université de Bordeaux (France, 1995 y 2005), Universidad de San Andrés (Argentina, 1996), Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (Brasil, 1996), Universidad de Extremadura (1997), Universidad de Salamanca (1998), Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (2002), Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (2004), University of Cincinnati (2009, 2011 y 2015), Universidad de Sevilla (2010), Youngstown University (Ohio, 2012), Jyväskylä University (2017) and Universidad de Murcia (21018).
My research is focused on Nonlinear Geometric and Functional Analysis. I have been working in different topics, such as function algebras and function lattices, geometry and structure of Banach spaces and non-smooth analysis. Currently, I am also interested in geometric analysis and analysis on metric spaces, a topic which I develop in collaboration with E. Durand-Cartagena (UNED), D. Azagra (ICMAT), R. Aron (Kent, Ohio), N. Shanmugalingam (Cincinnati), J. Kinnunen (Aalto) and E. Le Donne (Jyväskylä).
- I. Caamaño, J. Jaramillo, A. Prieto, Characterizing Sobolev spaces of vector-valued functions. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 2022, 514, 1, article number 126250. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.
- I. Caamaño, J. A. Jaramillo, A. Prieto, A. Ruiz de Alarcón. Sobolev spaces of vector-valued functions. Revista de la Real Academia de Ciencias Exactas, Fisicas y Naturales - Serie A: Matematicas. 2021, 115 (1), art. no. 19. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13398-020-00959-4
- A. Daniilidis, J. A. Jaramillo, F. Venegas M. Smooth semi-Lipschitz functions and almost isometries between Finsler manifolds. Journal of Functional Analysis. 2020, 279, 108662. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfa.2020.108662
- E. Durand-Cartagena, J. A. Jaramillo, N. Shanmugalingam. Existence and uniqueness of ∞ -harmonic functions under assumption of ∞ -Poincaré inequality (2019) Mathematische Annalen, 374 (1-2), pp. 881-906. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00208-018-1747-z
- O. Gutú, J. A. Jaramillo. Surjection and inversion for locally Lipschitz maps between Banach spaces (2019) Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 2019, 478 (2), pp. 578-594. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmaa.2019.05.044
- J. A. Jaramillo, E. Le Donne, T. Rajala. Restricting open surjections (2019). Revista de la Real Academia de Ciencias Exactas Fisicas y Naturales Serie A-Matematicas, 2019, 113 (3), pp. 1795-1798. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13398-018-0579-8
- J. A. Jaramillo, S. Lajara, Ó. Madiedo. Inversion of Nonsmooth Maps between Banach Spaces. Set-Valued and Variational Analysis. 2019, 27 (4), pp. 921-947. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11228-018-0499-y