Eugenio Roanes Lozano
Catedrático de Universidad (Full Professor)
Experimental, Social and Mathematical Didactics Department
School of Education
Complutense University of Madrid
Full Professor at the Complutense University of Madrid since 2019. PhD in Mathematics (1991) and PhD in Computer Science (1993). Awarded `Premio Holanda' (1981) with a theoretical proposal of a railway block-system without line side signaling. Lead researcher of different research projects granted by the Spanish Government, the Junta de Extremadura, the Fundación de los Ferrocarriles Españoles and AERTEC consulting (about RBES development, railway engineering, airport terminals design and software for mathematics education development). Member of the Editorial Board of two JCR journals (`Mathematics and Computers in Simulation' and `Mathematical Problems in Engineering'). Member of the Board of Directors of the `Sociedad Puig Adam de Profesores de Matemáticas'. Advisor of 3 PhD Thesis in Computer Science and 2 PhD Thesis in Pedagogy.
Applications of technology to mathematics education. Applications of computer algebra to logic and artificial intelligence. Applications of computational mathematics to transportation engineering. Applications of computer algebra to mechanical theorem proving in geometry.
- A. Almech, E. Roanes-Lozano. Automatic Generation of Diagrammatic Subway Maps for Any Date with Maple. Math.Comput.Sci. Published online 13th november, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11786-019-00413-8
- A. Almech, E. Roanes Lozano, C. Solano Macías, A. Hernando. A New Approach to Shortest Route Finding in a Railway Network with Two Track Gauges and Gauge Changeovers. Mathematical Problems in Engineering Volume 2019, Article ID 8146150, 16 pages. DOI link: https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/8146150
- E. Roanes–Lozano, J. L. Galán–García , G. Aguilera–Venegas. A prototype of a functional approach to personalized menus generation using set operations. Advances in Computational Mathematics (2019) 45:1881–1895. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10444-019-09665-1
- E. Roanes-Lozano, J. L. Galán-García, C. Solano-Macías. Some Reflections About the Success and Impact of the Computer Algebra System DERIVE with a 10-Year Time Perspective (2019). Mathematics in Computer Science, 13 (3), pp. 417-431. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11786-019-00404-9.
- E. Roanes-Lozano, R. González-Martín, J. Montero. An Algebraic Approach to DC Railway Electrification Verification (2019). Mathematics in Computer Science, 13 (3), pp. 449-457. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11786-019-00407-6.