Carlos Calvo Tapia
Profesor ayudante doctor (Assistant Professor)
Department of Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolution
School of Biological Sciences
Complutense University of Madrid
Cognitive Biology and Biorobotics
I am currently working as a researcher in the Cogneubotics Lab (Cognitive Systems and Neurorobotics Group) and as an Assistant Professor at the Biomathematics Unit at Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Since 2014, I am also an organizer of the annual UCM-IMI Modelling Weeks.
I completed my PhD in Mathematical Engineering, Statistics, and Operations Research in November 2019, under the supervision of Prof. V.A. Makarov and supported by a Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture, and Sports FPU Grant. Funded by its Predoctoral Mobility Fellowship Program, I carried out two research stays at Leicester University (UK, 2017) and Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium, 2018).
Master of Science in Engineering Mathematics (UCM, granted by the Manuel Álvarez López Fellowship Program).
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (UCM, Extraordinary Degree Award and Best Academic Record Award).
Bachelors of Music in Piano Performance and Piano Pedagogy (RCSMM).
Dynamical Systems, Nonlinear Dynamics, Ordinary Differential Equations, Mathematical Neuroscience, Cognitive Robotics, Artificial Intelligence
- J. A. Villacorta-Atienza, C. Calvo Tapia, S. Díez-Hermano, A. Sánchez-Jiménez, S. Lobov, N. Krilova, A. Murciano, G. E. López-Tolsa, R. Pellón, V. A. Makarov. Static internal representation of dynamic situations reveals time compaction in human cognition. Journal of Advanced Research. 2021, 28, 111-125. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jare.2020.08.008
- C. Calvo Tapia, V. A. Makarov, C. Van Leeuwen. Basic principles drive self-organization of brain-like connectivity structure. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation. 2020, 82, 105065. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnsns.2019.105065
- C. Calvo Tapia, J. A. Villacorta-Atienza, S. Díez-Hermano, M. Khoruzhko, S. Lobov, I. Potapov, A. Sánchez-Jiménez, V. A. Makarov. Semantic knowledge representation for strategic interactions in dynamic situations. Frontiers in Neurorobotics. 2020, 4, 4. https://doi.org/10.3389/fnbot.2020.00004
- C. Calvo Tapia, I. Tyukin, V. A. Makarov. Universal principles justify the existence of concept cells. Sci Rep. 2020, 10, 7889. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-64466-7
- I. Y. Tyukin, A. N. Gorban, C. Calvo, J. Makarova, V. A. Makarov. High-dimensional brain. A tool for encoding and rapid learning of memories by single neurons. Bulletin of Mathematical Biology. 2019,81, 4856–4888. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11538-018-0415-5