The UCM Training Plan for Teaching and Research Staff offers a wide variety of courses and training activitities with the following aims:
- To promote the continuing development of research and teaching staff as an inherent activity of the profession.
- To improve the quality of our teaching activity.
- To enhance innovation, groups development and exchange of experiences at classroom.
- To provide research and teaching staff with the tools and techniques enabling to drive their research and academic career.
The UCM PhD School develops a rage of training activities, workshops, competitions and seminars addressed to the university community but focused on predoctoral researchers.
It includes a series of training activities on methodological issues, structured by knowledge area, as a complement and support to the activities organized at each PhD programme. It includes a training activity on teaching skills, addressed to our FPU grantees.
The Office for External Practices and Employment offers a training plan for employability, which includes a professional development programme composed by several workshops on transversal skills that are useful for any student and for young researchers:
- Emotional intelligence in work environment
- Social skills
- Effective communication
- How to plan the employment search
It also offers a variety of workshops addressed to increase students" skills to search and evolve in the labour market.