Implementation of the Action Plan
The implementation of the Action Plan shall be developed with the participation of involved stakeholders. The implementation structure defined included:
Implementation Working Group
Responsible of the strategy and overseing the development of the Action Plan, is composed by:
- Vicerector for Knowledge Transfer and Entrepreneurship
- Vicerector for Scientific Policy, Research and PhD programmes
- Vicerector for Academic Policy and Teaching Staff
- Vicerector for Information Technologies
- Rector's Delegate for Continuing Training, External Practices and Employability
- Vicemanager for Research and Academic Policy
- Director of HRS4R at UCm
Specific Working Teams
Responsible for the general definition and development of the actions described in the Action Plan, SWTs shall be composed by researches at different levels of their careers and management staff, specifically appointed in each SWT.
UCM Code of good practice in PhD
A working group was created to design and implement a pilot program for PhD thesis directors.
After an evaluation of the Workshops on PhD thesis supervision held at the PhD School, the group suggested to create an UCM Code of good practice in PhD, with the aim to improve the quality of the PhD theses and the supervisory processes at UCM. Such code should also be the basis for the future workshops addressed to PhD theses directors.
After four months of analysis, discussions and creative work (November 2018-February 2019), an UCM Code of good practice in PhD was proposed to the UCM PhD Committee.
The Working Group was composed by researchers from the four different scientific domains (click here for details).
Arts and Humanities:
- Anne-Marie Reboul. Coordinator of the PhD programme French Studies DEF-UCM. Member of the research group The Europe of Writing. Interdisciplinary and international research group on the relationship between writing and image. Department of French Philology. School of Philology.
- Susana Calvo Capilla. Vice-dean of Research and PhD. Member of the research group Architecture and Integration of the Arts in the Middle Age. Department of History of the Art. School of Geography and History.
- José Ramón Regueiro. Member of the research group Lymphocyte Immunobiology. Director of the PhD Programme Research in Medical-Surgical Sciences. Director of the Department of Immunology, Ophthalmology and ENT. School of Medicine. Academic Senate. Regulations Committee.
- Alejandro Iglesias Linares. Vice-dean for Research, Postgraduate and PhD programmes. Coordinator of the PhD programme on Odontological Siences. Coordinator of the Master programme in Odontological Sciences. Member of the Research group Craneofacial biology: Orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics. Department of Clinical Odontological Specialties. School of Odontology.
Social sciences and Law:
- Joaquín Sánchez Herrera. Vice-dean of Science Policy, PhD and Own titles. Member of the Research group Branding and Integrated communication centre. Department of Business Organisation and Marketing. Faculty of Information Sciences. Academic Senate. Regulations Committee.
- Roberto Cremades Andreu. Vice-dean for Research and Postgraduate programmes. Director of the research group Musical Education form a Social and Psychological Perspective. Department of Language Didactics, Arts and Physical Education. Faculty of Education - Teacher Training Centre.
- Narciso Martí Oliet. Vice-dean for Postgraduate programmes. Director of the research group Formal Design and Analysis of Software Systems. Department of Computer Systems and Computation. School of Computer Science.
- Luis Mario Fraile Prieto. Director of the Erasmus Mundus programme Plasma Physics and Nuclear Fusion. Codirector of the research group on Nuclear Physics. Department of Structure of Matter, Thermal Physics and Electronics. School of Physics Sciences. Academic Senate.
Emilio Peral Vega. Director of the PhD School. Director of the research group Civil War Literature and Culture. Department of Hispanic Literatures and Bibliography. School of Philology.
Marta Arregui García-Miguel, Director of HRS4R at UCM