Publicado el 20/09/2016 a las 17:44 horas
The Instituto de Física Corpuscular (IFIC), a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence in Valencia (Spain), announces the opening of 6 PhD positions in the frame of the program "Ayudas para contratos predoctorales para la formación de doctores 2016", funded by MINECO (Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness).
The positions are the following:
1. Participation of IFIC at ANTARES and KM3NeT-ARCA/ORCA (Ref. FPA2015-65150-C3-1-P). Project Leader: Juan de Dios Zornoza (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Contributions to inner tracker detector and physics program of the ATLAS experiment at
LHC (Ref. FPA2015-65652-C4-1-R) . Project Leader: Carmen García (Carmen.Garcia@ific.uv.es).
3. Gravitational waves, black holes and cosmology (Ref. SEV-2014-0398-16-1). Project Leader: José Navarro Salas (Jose.Navarro@ific.uv.es).
4. Theoretical Astroparticle Physics and Cosmology: neutrinos and Standard Model
extensions (Ref. SEV-2014-0398-16-2). Project Leader: José Valle (Jose.Valle@ific.uv.es).
5. Particle Physics Phenomenology: the Standard Model and extensions (Ref. SEV-2014-0398-16-3). Project Leader: Antonio Pich Zardoya and Pilar Hernandez Gamazo (Pilar.Hernandez@ific.uv.es).
6. Nuclear Structure with the Advanced Gamma Tracking Array (AGATA) detector. (Ref. SEV-2014-0398-16-4). Project Leader: Andrés Gadea Raga (Andres.Gadea@ific.uv.es).
The contracts will have a duration of four years, and will enjoy competitive conditions, with a gross salary of 16,422€ per year. The fellowship includes a budget of 6,250€ to cover tuition fees and research stays.
If the thesis is defended before the start of the fourth year of the fellowship, the MINECO will cover one postdoctoral year with a gross salary of 19,000€.
More information can be found at MINECO webpage.
Interested candidates with an excellent academic track record should fill an application
form available at: https://sede.micinn.gob.es/ayudaspredoctorales/
The application deadline is September 27, 2016 at 15h.
The Instituto de Física Corpuscular (IFIC) is a joint centre of the Spanish Research Council (CSIC) and the University of Valencia, devoted to research in Particle, Astroparticle and Nuclear Physics and its applications to other fields of Science and Technology. IFIC was awarded with the ‘Severo Ochoa’ accreditation as center of excellence in recognition of its outstanding performance and scientific contributions at national and international level, its impact at industrial and social level, and the ability to attract scientific talent. http://ific.uv.es