The European Higher Education Area agenda about internationalization in European universities has caused an increase in the use of English as a lingua franca and as a means of instruction. In this context, the UCM, under the auspices of the Plan for the Internationalization of Teaching, has organized a series of one-day seminars with the aim of creating a forum to share the challenges and opportunities in light of this new situation.
The seminar is conceived of as an opportunity to:
- Publicize best practices in internationalization of higher education within the UCM (approaches and strategies, development of resources, teaching materials, curricular adaptations, etc.);
- Offer guidelines and recommendations to implement graduate and postgraduate subjects, programmes or courses in English (or in other foreign languages);
- Reflect on different challenges and opportunities (linguistic, methodological, cultural, etc.) encountered by teachers in international contexts;
- Start a discussion forum for participants to share experiences and offer solutions;
- Publicize research findings in the field.
- UCM teachers already involved in teaching in the international classroom.
- UCM teachers interested in teaching in the international classroom.
- UCM students involved or interested in learning more of the international classroom.