13 dic 2022 - 13:45 CET
PhD and Postdoc positions are available in the Research Group "Quantum Information and Quantum Many-Body Physics", led by Norbert Schuch, at the University of Vienna.
Topics of interest cover the whole range from quantum information and computation to quantum many-body physics, with a focus on tensor networks and related methods.
Research topics covered in the group include:
- Theory of tensor networks, classification of phases
- Development of tensor network algorithms and simulation methods for quantum many-body systems
- Topological order and spin liquids
- Quantum Algorithms (in particular for the simulation of many-body problems and for NISQ devices)
- Entanglement Theory
- Mathematical theory of quantum many-body systems
- Quantum Complexity Theory
More information on the group and topics can be found at https://schuch.univie.ac.at/.
Applications should be emailed to schuch-office.quantum@
univie.ac.at, Subject: "PhD Application" or "Postdoc Application", and contain the following material:
1) For PhD applicants: A comprehensive CV (including certificates & grades from bachelor and master studies), a brief cover letter (max. 1 page), explaining the motivation for joining the group, and the contact data of at least one referee who can provide a letter of recommendation upon request; preferably all in one PDF file.
2) For Postdoc applicants: A comprehensive CV (including a list of publications & talks), relevant certificates and grades, a brief description of future research plans (about 2-3 pages), and the contact data of at least two referees who can provide a letter of recommendation upon request; preferably all in one PDF file.
Deadline for initial consideration is January 23rd, 2023, but later applications will be considered until the positions are filled. Starting dates are flexible.
For more information, see https://schuch.univie.ac.at/