Discounts for Students

As an international student, we recommend several options to get discounts in Spain, so that most of your leisure activities, travel, transport in the city, accommodation, etc. will not cost you as much:

International Student Identity Card (ISIC)

It is valid in over 120 countries and you will be able to get discounts on travel, restaurants, museums, accommodation, transport, telephony, sports, etc. You can apply for it online or get it directly in Spain even if you are a foreign student (you will need a document that proves you are enrolled in a school or university, a recent passport photo and your ID card or passport). The minimum age to apply is 12 and there is no maximum age. It is valid for no more than 16 months. 
More information:

European Youth Card

Promoted by the European Youth Card Association – EYCA for young people aged 14 to 30, valid in over 40 countries. In Spain this card is promoted by the Youth Institute (Injuve) and the youth organisations of the Autonomous Regions. 
We suggest visiting the following website, where you find where you need to go in Madrid. It also includes requirements and fees:

International Youth Travel Card (IYTC)

It is valid for young people aged 12-25 who are not full-time students. It is especially useful for getting discounts on international air travel, rail tickets, and others. It is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. 
More information

Spanish Youth Hostel Network (REAJ) Card

This card is recognised internationally and you will be able to use it in many national and foreign hostels. To apply, all you need is your ID card or passport, and to pay the fee. 
More information: 

Things to remember 
Get information on the discounts that RENFE (Spanish National Railway Network) offers:

Even if you haven’t got any of these cards, if you prove you are a student you can get discounts on many services such as transport, car hire, housing, etc...

Take a look at the proposals on the official page of the Youth Institute (Injuve):