Which documents do I need to enrol in the programme?
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO ENROL IN THE PROGRAMME
- Photocopy of your Passport.
- CV, with academic and professional achievements
- Photocopy of official document accrediting your Master and Degree
- Certificate from your university stating duration of studies (Degree and Master), yearly syllabus, course completion list with grades and a brief note confirming that your qualifications would enable you to register in a PhD programme in home country. This Certificate should be accompanied by its translation into Spanish.
- Documents endorsing your application should be provided.
- Motivation letter or thesis proposal
- More info: https://www.ucm.es/doctorado/doctorado-linguisticainglesa/oferta-de-plazas
THE MOTIVATION LETTER should be approx. 500 words long. It should mention:
1) your interests in linguistics and how you came to have those interests
2) your goals and ambitions in the field of linguistics
3) how the program to which you are applying can help you to achieve those goals.
Avoid generic phrases and try to be as specific as possible.
THE PROPOSAL should include (at least roughly) an area of research, a theoretical framework or approach, the identification of a research gap, question or problem to be solved, the material to be analysed, a brief list of references.
Candidates are also invited to indicate the name of a TUTOR who has expressed his/ her consent to act as such.