Spanish Course for Erasmus Students - September 2019
40 hours - 16 days - 2,5 hours daily
September 3rd in the afternoon
Lessons will take place in the afternoon in two different time slots according to group and level:
- 15:00 - 17:30
- 17:30 - 20:00
From A1 to B2
- You have to be an Erasmus student at the UCM during the academic year 2019-2020.
- Your level of Spanish must be below C1. Students whose level is C1 o C2 do not have the option to attend FREE Spanish courses at UCM.
- The only way to apply for this Spanish Course is to fill in the online application form for incoming Erasmus students at the UCM for the second semester, before the 30th of June 2019, by checking the corresponding box on the form.
If you are an Erasmus student at UCM, we recommend at leat an Intermediate level of Spanish language (B1) before starting the classes in your faculty. This will facilitate your integration into classes, and will also make you feel more comfortable with your daily life here in Madrid. If your level of Spanish is lower, we suggest you take Spanish courses before coming to Madrid.
E-mail address for enrolment in this free Spanish course:
The contents of the different levels will depend, to a great extent, on the placement test which students are required to do. In all of them, you will have:
- Freedom to address all your queries about the Spanish language.
- Familiar and useful vocabulary.
- Advice on how to become fluent in spoken language.
- Instruction on how to produce written text in Spanish.
- Opportunities to suggest your own topics to be discussed in class.
Once the course has finished and if you have attended regularly, you will receive a certificate of the number of hours attended at the corresponding level, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). No ECTS credits will be given or recognized.
In order to obtain your attendance certificate, you must have participated in 80% of the total amount of teaching hours. Therefore, more than two absences will not be allowed.
Students willing to improve their skills in Spanish language and get an official certificate with grades and ECTS credits, could take a Spanish course for foreing students at the UCM in our “Centro Complutense para la Enseñanza del Español” (Complutense Centre for Spanish Teaching).
You can pick up your certificate at the Edificio de Estudiantes (ground floor, main hall), from the 30th of November 2019 onwards.