The "Institut de Física d'Altes Energies" (IFAE) in Barcelona announces the opening of 15 predoctoral positions for outstanding young graduates interested in working towards a PhD thesis at IFAE. IFAE is one of the top research centres in Spain conducting experimental and theoretical research at the frontier of fundamental physics, as well as developing cutting-edge detector technology. In 2012 IFAE was awarded the distiction of “Severo Ochoa” Centre of Excellence by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
The PhD positions offered at IFAE are:
- Evaluation of Novel detector for Positron Emission Mammography (Prof. Mokhtar Chmeissani)
- Construction, Testing, and evaluation of large area Photon counting pixel detector for Breast biopsy system (Prof. Mokhtar Chmeissani)
- Construction, testing, and evaluation of line camera for X-ray scanner (Prof. Mokhtar Chmeissani)
- Characterizing the properties of the dark energy with the DES data (Prof. Ramon Miquel)
- Cosmological studies with the PAU survey data (Prof. Ramon Miquel)
- Study of neutrino nucleus interactions at T2K (Dr. Federico Sánchez)
- Development of the new generation of neutrino detectors (Dr. Federico Sánchez)
- Uncovering New Physics signals using Rare decays (Prof. Joaquim Matias)
- Searches for new phenomena with the ATLAS detector at the LHC (1) (Prof. Martine Bosman)
- Searches for new phenomena with the ATLAS detector at the LHC (2) (Prof. Martine Bosman)
- Beyond the Standard Model (Prof. Àlex Pomarol)
- Science with the MAGIC Telescopes during the dawn of the Northern Cherenkov Telescope Array. (Dr. Òscar Blanch)
- Commissioning and First Science with the Northern Cherenkov Telescope Array (Dr. Abelardo Moralejo)
- Precise determination of hadronic form factors for B decays (Dr. Rafel Escribano)
- Development of new semiconductor detectors for high energy physics and synchrotron instrumentation (Prof. Sebastian Grinstein)
These positions are funded by the "La Caixa" Foundation under the INPhINIT program, a new doctoral fellowship program devoted to attracting International Early-Stage Researchers to the top Spanish research centres in the areas of Bio and Health Sciences, Physics, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. INPhINIT relies on the European Commission's support through the Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska- Curie Actions - COFUND programme to recruit a larger number of researchers and achieve a broader impact, as well as to further pursue the highest standards for research training.
Interested candidates with an excellent CV and satisfying the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply online.
More information at the IFAE website:
The application deadline is February 2, 2017.
The publication of the results of the review process will take place on May 30, 2017.
General information about IFAE is available at http://www.ifae.es.
For any questions please visit the INPhiNIT webpage above or contact IFAE’s Project Manager Marta Balza (firstname.lastname@example.org).